Friday, April 17, 2009

The Apple and the Tree

My mother is on facebook.

If it isn't weird enough that I, and all of my college girlfriends, are on facebook at the end of our thirties, my 66 year old mother is tearing it up.

This morning's status update for her was: "Carol is going to put some color on her hair. It might take a couple weeks off her age. Or not."

After a few exchanges with me about Adam not recognizing her and making arrangements for lunch tomorrow she wrote: "By the way after my hair was all fixed I sprayed it with scrubbing bubbles. Had to start all over. Nice!"

I hurriedly related this story to my friends at school, laughing until I cried at the same time as I did.

But I didn't readily admit that I have (nearly) done the very same thing!! Hairspray and Scrubbing Bubbles cans are deceptively similar!!!

1 comment:

  1. so can Pam & Pledge! great story! thanx for sharing because i too, am someone's 60 yr old mom on Facebook !:)

    ReplyDelete