Monday, April 20, 2009

No Boy Should Have to Wear Pink Jammies to the Babysitter...

No one but us will ever see them.

That's right. Rationalization 101.

I stood in Wal-Mart cursing under my breath because my son's recent growth spurt had propelled him into 12 month clothing at the age of just 5 months. He needed new jammies and soon because he could no longer straighten his legs comfortably. I'm convinced that's how some men get bowlegs.

Easy peasey - I'll just get the next size up. Easier said than done. The season outside had not changed but it sure had inside the stores. Still in the thirties at night and in the jammies section all shorts and t-shirts. Now even if he is in 12 month clothing, he's still just a little guy and I can't bear to put him in shorts at night. More so, I can't bear to give up my subarctic temp setting on the air conditioner. I like it down right frosty at night!

Fate conspired against me and after three Wal Mart searches, I finally found a single package of warm, blanket sleepers with footies. One was yellow, with little kitties and the other was hot, look at me, razzle dazzle, PINK.

No one will ever see them but us.

He doesn't care.

This is stupid. He'll be warm.

I wonder what Ismael will think?

Okay, I'll get them.

The next day I discovered that Once Upon a Child has almost everything I could need at any season in virtually any color and size. Hence began what I suspect will become a long, long love affair that the local store.

So last night, I finally pulled the pink ones out. As I zipped them up, he cooed happily, and I cringed at the lovely embroidered flowers on his chest.

No one will ever see them but us.

Off to bed he went and we happily slept in our own beds all night long.

Tonight I picked him up at the babysitter's and as I came through the door, I saw my beautiful son sitting on her couch. In pink pajamas. Smiling, happy to see me and pretty in pink as it were.

Fabulous. I forgot to lay out clothes for him this morning and Ismael delivered him to the babysitter as is. I think I will donate these to Goodwill sooner than later because no boy should have to wear pink pajamas to the babysitter.

I would post a picture...but no one will ever see them but us. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh pleeeaaasseee post a picture! I think it's adorable and you're not the ONLY one who has done this...I just talked to another friend who has done the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as long as he wore no bonnet i think his testerone is in tact, Janet!

    ReplyDelete