Saturday, May 30, 2009

Patio Accomplished

Adam laid down for his morning nap and I laid in wait. The minute he was asleep, I shot out the door, leaving baby and daddy asleep in their beds.

FREEDOM.

Whatever would I do with the whole 35 minutes in which I would be reasonably sure that Adam would be asleep?

Buy mulch and continue working on my heinous patio project. My main goal being to transform that patio from heinous to not heinous. My goals are not lofty, but they are my own.

As I set to work outside, I found this:


What is that a door for? Seriously? I live in a major metropolitan area and I thought we claimed this land from the animals long ago. I imagined something from Where the Wild Things Are jumping up to greet me.

Whatever it is, I hope it has a back door, because I flattened this one, then laid layers of newspaper and about ten pounds of mulch on top of it.

Adam was a great deal of help after his nap. The Prince doesn't garden much:


The end result of today's efforts, forty five minutes and $21 of mulch later:

Better Homes and Gardens it ain't, but it meets my original goals:

1. Create a space which convinces the upstairs apartment neighbors that they do not live above a cesspool.

2. Get rid of the weeds that would grow to heights higher than the fence.

3. And as previously stated, move from heinous to not heinous.

Mission accomplished. I might even hang a banner.


No comments:

Post a Comment