Saturday, May 23, 2009

Mother in Law Motel - No Vacancy

Staying with your relatives is not always easy.

Lorie is here with her family from Michigan. They always stay with her mother in law which means sleeping on an air mattress in a spare room with no air conditioning. Despite the fact that it was 85 degrees today, she has not and will not turn the a/c on tonight.

I would just die in those conditions.

Lorie is soldiering through it despite my pointing out various hotels near her in-law's house. Holiday Inn, Days Inn, Hampton Inn, Wingate Inn - all more comfortable accommodations than the Inn-Laws.

I suggested she "talk" in her sleep tonight. Things like:

"zzzzzzzzzzHolidayInnzzzzzzzzzzz"

"zzzzzFreeHBOinEveryRoomzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

"zzzzzzzzzzzzFreeBreakfastzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

"zzzzzzzzzzKingSizeBedzzzzzzzzzzz"

Of course it is race weekend in Indianapolis, so even those not so subtle hints probably wouldn't work. If they left to go look for a hotel, they'd all be full, and her MIL could have their room rented to travelers by the time they returned. It's a put up and shut up kind of weekend.

As for me, I enjoyed my short visit with her this evening and so did Adam.



I also accomplished my most important task today:








This is apparently the ONLY 18 month old sized baptismal outfit in central Indiana. I spent my morning driving to two different stores, sure that I could exchange his 12 month outfit for a larger one there. The first store had NONE at all, the store they sent me to had none his size. This is the only one Penny's had at the third store. I am not at all crazy about the pants; I wanted shorts. But at least he won't have to go to his baptism in just a diaper or the "belly shirt" that his 12 month out fit turned out to be.


I'm going to go to bed now, content with the day's work and lulled to sleep by the whirr of my air conditioner. Good luck Lorie!

No comments:

Post a Comment