Sunday, May 17, 2009

Perfect Spring Day

Chrissy's words were very tempting: "Come meet Jason and I at Einstein's this morning. We can pray before we eat and talk about God. It will be just like church." Except with bagels, sweet rolls, and Diet Coke.
I had two choices: hurry and get Adam ready to juggle him at mass by myself, or go enjoy some adult conversation with friends and time with Adam out. Most times I would go to mass, but this morning I needed a break from all obligation. No matter what it was.

We all enjoyed a leisurely breakfast, good fellowship, and one of us even got a little nap in.
Then it was on to part two of our Sunday.

Pork Fest 2009 at Misty's House:
Western pork ribs on sale for a mere 98 cents per pound
+ a hot, hot, hot gas grill
= happy, happy people.




Adam could have cared less and settled in for nap #2 for the day.


There is something about a lazy Sunday, good company, good grilled food, a sunny sky, green, green grass and swaying trees that combine for a perfect spring day after the long confines of winter. Today was probably the most relaxing, energizing day I've had in months. Everything about the blue sky, cool breeze, and bright sun fed my soul.

When we arrived home, I thought Adam would already be asleep, but as I walked around the back of the car, I saw this through the window:

I think he needed a lazy Sunday too.
Or maybe the semi-thumbs up was for the music on the long car ride. It occured to me that I am going to have to clean up my musical selections as I am not planning to raise a future rap star. At this rate, his first words are going to be about how T.I. is off to jail on weapons charges and will be back in a year or what an angry young woman Pink appears to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment