Thursday, May 14, 2009

LOST

I lose so many things that I should have my own episode of Lost. I already have St. Anthony on speed dial, but half the time I can't find my phone to call him.

Such is the case tonight. I have misplaced my cell phone, a kicky little pink number, which replaced the clunky black one that I completely lost in January. It was with me in the car on the way home from the Carter's store. I haven't seen it since.

I lose my phone so often I have a protocol that I follow to recover it.

If Ismael is home, I simply get his phone, call mine and wander around until it can be heard.

Tonight is a little trickier - he's working and I'm home with just Adam. Given the fact that I firmly believe no child under driving age needs a cell phone, I have not purchased one for my 7 month old.

I whip out the computer, pull up sprint.com, and log into my account. They have a text messaging feature. I often text my phone and ask, "Where are you?" Sometimes it answers, sometimes not. If that fails, then I text Ismael and ask him to call me and continue my search.

Tonight, when I logged in, Sprint apologized for any inconvenience due to the fact their site was down and offered me a free ringtone. For the phone I can't find. Always helpful, that Sprint.

Not to be foiled in my attempts, I logged onto Facebook. Surely someone would be online whom I could persuade to call me. My choices ranged from my high school social studies teacher to the lady from Craigslist who adopted my cat, none of whom seemed appropriate choices to share my lunacy.

I don't know where my phone is, but I know when I will find it...at 4:00 AM when the alarm goes off. My husband insisted that was the time he wanted to get up this morning, and it looks like that is when I will be getting up tomorrow. Fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment