Sunday, May 3, 2009

Goals

I find that when I actually write my goals down, I have a much better success rate in actually achieving them. In my late twenties, I wrote that I wanted to be published in some form and get my masters' before I was 30.


I didn't quite make my deadline, but I did write a webquest that was published by San Diego State University and was awarded a fellowship that enabled me to pursue and obtain my Masters' of Arts in US History.


Summer is coming and I sense that I need a real break from school. I often work on school work during the summer in an effort to make my fall go a little smoother. It never seems to have that effect. This summer, I feel like I need to spend some time on ME.


1. I want to take a class that will earn 3 credit hours for my license renewal which is due in two years.


2. I need to edit my Master's thesis on Black Catholic Education and Integration in Indianapolis down to a much shorter paper and submit it to the Historical Society's Black News and Notes. They have been asking for it for some time, but I have been so busy. Even though I want to do it, it has been far from a priority.

3. Continue blogging.


4. Begin Adam's first year scrapbook. I have been taking pictures of him each week and organizing them on the computer. My goal is to do one page of a scrapbook for each week of his first year, so we can later see how much and how quickly he changed.



Adam - Week 27

No comments:

Post a Comment