Wednesday, May 27, 2009

He Speaks! Or Rather Texts....

My husband Ismael is not the most verbose person in the world... in fact, he might be the least.

I called him during lunch today to make a pitch for going out to dinner at a Lebanese restaurant, whose brochure he has been leaving in conspicuous places around the house.

I didn't think it would be a hard sell.

I didn't get him, and by the time he returned the call I had class. Being technologically savvy, I crafted a well thought out, perfectly spelled, concise text message: "Baby: I have class now. I will be at school until 4. Can we go out to dinner at that Lebanese place?"

His immediate reply: "Where are you? Can you talk? I love you!"

Several thoughts came to mind:

1. I am at WORK...where else would I be at 11:30 AM?

2. If I could talk, I would have answered the phone.

3. Of course you love me, I'm fabulous.

4. That seems like an oddly long text message from my husband.

Then I remembered that these phones have some pre-entered text as short cuts. He just picked a few of those when he didn't reach me, strung them together, and sent them off.

Thank heaven the maker of his cell phone included "I love you" or he might not think to add that!

Then I knew he HAD received my text when I received this reply from him, "Ok."

Now that's my husband talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment