Sunday, May 24, 2009

Like Father, Like Son

"Good thing you carried him, because there sure isn't much of you in him."

Really? That's all my OB had to say the morning after an 18 hour labor and finally a c-section?

Looking at my newborn son's sweet face and thick, black hair, I knew she had a point. I wondered what he would grow to look like. Maybe more like me? His temperament isn't even like me. He has proven to be just like his daddy in that too: quiet, mild, and happy.

I've often wondered what my husband looked like as a baby. I had never seen a picture of him younger than 26, until this arrived in my inbox one day:


To me, this represents one of God's small graces in my life. My mother in law sent this to me as a "treat," not knowing that her email was answering a wish that I harbored in my heart. Ismael is on the right, at the age of 6 months old, with his sister Safia who is a little bit older.



When I compare it to a picture of Adam at 6 months, I can conclude ..... that the doctor was right!

No comments:

Post a Comment