Friday, May 22, 2009

Babysitter Blues

When I first returned to work after having Adam, a number of people asked me if it was hard to leave him. Truthfully, it wasn't at first. He stayed home with daddy for the first couple weeks I worked, then Ismael found a sitter in the African community. I love our babysitter and she loves Adam. Perfect combination.

But for the first time since January, I had to drop him at the sitter before I went to work. Until now, Adam has been asleep in his bed when I go to work and Ismael dropped him at the sitter a couple hours later. Ismael had earlier class commitments this week, so it was on me to drop him off.

Even though I like his sitter a lot, it was really difficult to walk out the door on Monday morning seeing him leaning forward in his car seat, watching me walk out the door! I'm glad that we only have two more weeks of school and then I'll be home with him all summer.

I'll have two months of listening to him recite how much he loves mommy. It sounds like, "de de de da da da dyoy yaaaaah, duck!" I swear he said duck just now. Maybe this is his first version of Goose, Goose, Duck.
.

I was taking his picture to mark the final day I had to drop him at the sitter. My on was watching the birds, oblivious to this big moment for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment